Saturday, April 21, 2012

La Joie de Vivre

The title of this blog is a French phrase that literally translated means a joy of life.  More specifically, it means an exultation of spirit.  It is finding joy in anything and everything that one might do--a comprehensive joy.  I hope to apply this life philosophy to my summer adventures as I look for the positive and the beautiful while spending 4 months in France.  This blog is in part a school assignment for the classes that I will be taking over the summer, but is also a way to keep in contact with family and friends back home.  Here are three things that put me in a good mood everyday.  They are pictures that I took in trying out my new camera. 


Temples! Temples remind me to have an eternal perspective and that things that bum me out in my daily life really don't matter because God loves me and is always rooting for me.

Flowers! Springtime has become my favorite season in recent years.  I love seeing the world wake up  and burst with happiness and color through flowers.  Flowers and nature are a way for me to forget my daily stresses and marvel in a world with fascinating and beautiful creations.  If I ran a flower shop for the rest of my life, I think I would be perfectly content.  
Best Friends! Have you ever found a person that was so similar to you, it was kind of creepy? That's me and my best friend and roommate Amelia.  She will be getting married this summer and I am devastated that I will not be able to be there.  But I love her and know it will be great! 



No comments:

Post a Comment