Tuesday, June 26, 2012

11 juin


11 juin
Today was an alone day, but an enjoyable one it was.  I ate breakfast at the hostel, then left my stuff at there while I went and explored for a few hours.  I went and found this canal area that had lots of shops…it wasn’t super exciting but it led me to a really pretty area with lots of parks and fancy looking buildings.  I love this picture of a park because it is all old men hanging out there at the playground area. 
I took advantage of being in Italy and enjoyed some absolutely delicious Foccacia that had olive oil and rosemary on it….I need to figure out how to make delicious stuff like that. Ordering at bakeries and restaurants makes me miss France though where I don’t look like a pantomiming mute tourist.  I also bought some pasta to take to Susan in Israel.  Then it started raining and so I claimed sanctuary in this beautiful red brick church pictured below.  I loved all of the arches.









After stocking up on food at a grocery store, I went and got my luggage, then walked to the train station.  Then I took the shuttle bus to the airport where I stayed at a Holiday Inn.  It was such a nice room compared to the hostels that I’ve been used to staying on this trip.  I didn’t immediately think of all the other people that had been there when I walked into the room.  I was planning on doing some good reading, but ended up watching two movies in a row.  I watched Hunchback of Notre-Dame and loved it so much because I knew exactly what every street or area of the church looked like in real life.  That is a really depressing movie too…but I loved the music and the Parisian-ness of the movie as a whole.  Then I watched An Affair to Remember.  My outlet for movies in Europe is renting them on iTunes.   Older movies cost only about 2 dollars which is totally worth it to me.  An Affair to Remember is the old movie that Sleepless in Seattle is based on.  After eating a dinner of rice cakes and nutella and oranges I went to bed early so I could get up early in the morning.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, an affair to remember is so sad, but so great!

    ReplyDelete