Monday, June 11, 2012

Nice Ville

6 juin


More of beautiful Nice today! We started out in the main area of Nice called old Nice.  Every day here they have a big produce market called Cours Saleya and also a flower market called Marché aux Fleurs.  Below is a fish stand and then an olive stand.  I love all those tubs of different types of olives!





Then we were starving and Emily was having a spaghetti craving, so we ate at an Italian café.  Emily, of course, had spaghetti.  Heather and I had a delicious cheese bruschetta along with socca which is a chickpea crepe.  We made friends with an adorable French girl all dressed in pink that was there with her mom.  

 Next we went and found this candy making museum/factory/store.  We were given a tour of their candy making areas and they explained to us how they made the candy. Then we went up to the store and got to sample lots of things and bought some candies/chocolate.  Yes I do have a picture on a toilet on here, but there are candy wrappers in the lid... :)   I loved all of the scents that they had made into candy flavors.  I got some violet candies!
 These are candied rose, lavender, and other plant leafs.  They are fresh picked every morning and ten are candied.  
These are candied fruits! Oranges and pears and grapes and other fruits.  It is a 40ish day process to complete these. 

 Chocolate orange slices.  The word dégustation means tasting, but I always do a double take when I see it because it looks like the word disgusting.
I found a cute blue glass necklace at a flea market by the candy factory.  We walked home along the sunny beach and averted our eyes at the topless European women...oh Europe.  It was another beautiful sunny day on the French Riviera!  I love this place.

No comments:

Post a Comment