Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Sunday in Nice

3 juin


All 29 of us took over a city bus to go to church.  There was an actual church building there  and we were very warmly received.  In sunday school, the teacher encouraged us to talk and answer questions.  She even made sure to slow down when she talked and write difficult words on the board so that we would be sure to understand.  She asked me to give the closing prayer and I survived it.  Oh man there are some cute French YSA boys here..too bad my internship isn't here.  But maybe in Marseilles :)  It was fast and testimony meeting today as well as Mother's day in France.  The primary children sang Mother dear I love you so.  It was so neat to hear everyone's testimonies later in the meeting especially since now I feel I can really understand all that they say.  3 girls from our group were brave and went up and bore their testimonies also.  


The church was really close to two art museums that we are required to go to, so we checked those things off our list to do.  First we went to the Matisse museum and then we went to the Chagall museum.  I had never heard of Chagall before I came to France, but I have since fallen in love with his style and works.  



 Matisse museum.  This museum was enjoyable but had a lot of Matisse's lesser known works, so it wasn't the style that I was expecting.




Chagall!  He did a series of paintings of lots of bible scenes.







I was planning on going out to see the city later this night, but I just crashed at our apartment and got some good sleeping and recovery in.

No comments:

Post a Comment