Tuesday, May 22, 2012

A Day in Asnières

21 mai


Today we had a day off from school.  It was for optional travel...but I used it for mandatory physical recovery. I got caught up on blogging, writing postcards, cleaning my room, and studying.  I was planning on going into the city during the afternoon, but it was raining and thundering allll day and my room just seemed so cozy with the sound of rain out my open window that I stayed at my apartment all day and thoroughly enjoyed it.  


Heather came over this evening to watch The Secret Life of Bees with Emily and me.  Neither of them had seen it before and I remember loving it.  However, I had forgotten how emotional and sad it is...but it is still inspiring and I still loved it.  The movie is set in South Carolina during the spring and summer months and it made us all miss home and lazy summer nights in America.  Mal du pays.  



::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


I'm so proud of Hyrum for enduring through through high school and seminary and for graduating!  I admire him in so many ways and am excited that we will once again live in the same city this upcoming school year.


::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::


We have one more week in Paris, then a week of traveling around northern and central France, then one week in Nice!  It's going fast, but there are still lots more amazing things to come.  To add some more color to this short post, here's a recent favorite of mine painted by Monet called The Rising Sun.


                    
  
                        

No comments:

Post a Comment