Thursday, May 24, 2012

Shop shop shop!

24 mai


I'm down to my last few days in Paris! Only 3 left.  It makes me so sad thinking about it, so I try not to think about it.  Today I did a lot of window shopping! And also bought a few things.  We first looked around the shops near where the Institute is.  Then we went to the Madeline area and got delicious macarons.  I had the most delicious sandwich for lunch today.  It was tomatoes, big slices of mozzarella cheese, and herbs.  Delish.


Then we went to a perfume museum!




Where different perfume ingredients come from in the world


We had to guess what category all those jars of scents were.



This time I tried orange blossom, jasmine black currant, and lemon.  Divine as always :)


I bought a claire fontaine notebook that has the type of paper that is used here in France.  I also bought one of those legit crepe spreader things that they use to spread the batter in the pan.

My friend Heather and I then went to Galeries Lafayette which is the big fancy schmancy department store here.  Everything was so expensive and there were lots of obviously rich people there.  But we just looked around and sprayed on perfume and painted our nails and such.  It was fun :)


This is at the train station that I go to everyday to get home.  The sun was HOT today.

Tonight is our last night to have dinner with our host family which we are sad about.  We gave them gifts and flowers to thank them for all they've done for us.  I don't know if they were purposely super excited about the gifts to make us feel better, or if they just absolutely loved them for real.  We gave them a book that I had gotten at Walmart about Utah that had a bunch of pictures and explanations of places in Utah.  They liked trying to read the English and looking at all the gorgeous pictures of the mountains, lakes, and rock formations.  I also gave them some salt water taffy candy which they instantly exclaimed over because another BYU student in the past had given them some and they had loved it! They were super excited to have more because they can't get that candy here.  They went and pulled out the empty box from the last time that someone had brought them salt water taffy because that box had all the colors and corresponding flavors.  Emily gave them a French hymn book which they were super excited about!  They liked the format of the songs and we pointed out to them our favorite hymns, the Christmas hymns, and the hymns that are uniquely in the French hymn book.  Emily also gave them a nice pen from Tiffany's.  They didn't know what Tiffany's was but were super excited when they heard that it's a very high class store that is only in America.  I will miss them and their encouragement regarding our French speaking abilities and also Madame's delicious cooking.

No comments:

Post a Comment