Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Religion Appreciation day

22 mai

 Today I went to the Jewish Art and History museum that is just around the corner from where we have school.  It is so nice that we get in free to all these museums as students! I was hoping that the museum would talk a lot about WWII and the Jews in France during that time, but it was more about the history of Jews in France since the middle ages.  The museum also talked a lot about Judaism in Europe in general and also the main beliefs and practices of Judaism.  I bought a Mazel Tov card there because I thought it was cool...now I just need to find someone to give it to. Problem.

Next I went to the Arts and Métiers museum.  It's Paris' science and technology museum.  They had lots of cool displays and early inventions.  I liked seeing another Fouquet pendulum.




I also liked this display that talked about technological advances that led up to the development of the rotating selector on iPods.




Lastly, I went to the Grand Mosque of Paris.  It was beautiful and so much bigger than I expected.  I went inside for a little bit and peeked around, but then felt out of place and didn't want to intrude on their holy rooms and such.  Visiting these sights today made me excited to go to Israel in less than a month!



No comments:

Post a Comment