Sunday, May 6, 2012

Vas-y!

5 mai


Today I went to a rugby game! It was two French teams playing and it was so much fun! I think I loved the atmosphere and watching the crowd more than the actual game, although that was fun to watch too.  Everybody...seriously everybody had either a pink flag or a blue striped flag depending on which team they were cheering for.  Everyone was super into the game.  There was a live band and people with drums playing throughout the whole game.  The man behind us swore a lot...don't worry I know all the French swear words and their meaning thanks to my high school French education.  There were also lots of kids there with their parents.  To take water out to the players, they had cute little remote control cars that would drive out onto the field between plays to give water bottles to the players.  Everyone in the crowd was shouting Vas-y and Allez!  Both phrases mean let's go! 







Lots of pink and blue flags!


Blue won!



That evening, a group of us went out to a cafe and had scrumptious desserts! I got some delicious fruit ice cream and had a taste of everybody else's scrumptious goodness.

I'm already missing Paris and I haven't even left yet! I just want to stay here for forever.  Maybe I just won't come back to school this fall... :)

1 comment:

  1. Again, my heart pounds with excitement as I read of your adventures!!! Woohoo! A Rugby game! You are such an intelligent woman Melissa! I love to listen to you talk and share your knowledge and perspectives of life. You are amazing! I love you!

    ReplyDelete