Sunday, May 6, 2012

Le Louvre


2 mai
Today after class, I wandered around this huge department store for a while called BHV.  I found an awesome bookstore and got some kids comic books that I had read in my French classes.  



Then I spent the rest of the day in the Louvre.  This museum is incredibly ginormous and miraculous.  So much beautiful art here that my non-artistic brain can't fathom creating.  





There was this beautiful open courtyard area that had gorgeous natural lighting.  The room was filled with classical statues.  It was such a cool room that we sat in there and just relaxed and talked for almost 2 hours.  


There was a lady that was painting a picture in the Louvre.  Amazing.

Instead of audio headsets for a self-guided tour, they used a Nintendo 3DS.  I was amused.





Probably my favorite of the day was this painting called July 28th.  I've wanted to see this one for a while! It was fun seeing it up close and noting more of the background and details of the painting. a
 

No comments:

Post a Comment