Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Promenade au velo

20 mai


This Sunday I met up with Russ and Margie and their kids at church.  Towards the end of the program, Jay and I went to the cafe around the corner to get him some warm milk which made him happy.  Afterwards, he was so cute and wanted to hold my hand the rest of the day.  Lucy made me a sweet card with her drawings on it.  Russ and Margie gave me some delicious chocolate they had gotten in Switzerland and I may or may not have already finished the two big bars that they gave me.  After sacrament meeting, I took Russ and Margie  and fam to the famous Macaron store Laduree and said goodbye to them there.  It was so fun to see some familiar faces here and I'm glad I got to hang out with them and get to know their adorable kids.  Next, I went to the mass at the Madeline cathedral.  I enjoyed the proceedings, especially the prayers offered as well as the choir and organ music.  The organ music however, was very gothic and fear-inducing at times...interesting.  I loved observing the piety of many older members in the congregation.  


That afternoon, Heather and I went to Bois de Boulogne and did a 2 hour bike ride all over the woods.  It was one of those beautiful picturesque moments where you can't really believe that it is real.  We rode by beautiful lakes, flowers, windmills, waterfalls, horse racing tracks, and birds.  We got caught in a thunderstorm for about 15 minutes of the ride, but then it cleared up and the sun came out to dry us off.  Typical Paris weather.  


'

Beautiful Heather





The horse racing tracks.




Swan family!


We saw a beaver too!





After the bike ride, Heather and I went back to my apartment and made pasta and hashbrowns for dinner.  Then we watched the classic movie Somewhere in Time with Emily and laughed at its hopeless cheesiness and cried at the beautiful concept of the possibility of there being one person that could permanently alter your soul and existence forever.

2 comments:

  1. This makes me think if the Lucy show where they ride through Europe!!! Remember that one?
    How did you tweek that last photo of you?
    Did you antique it somehow? That is cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep that's a classic. It's using a program called instagram. You can get the app on your phone or make an account online.

    ReplyDelete