Wednesday, May 2, 2012

SUNDAY!

29 avril
I've been looking forward to going to church in France ever since I decided to spend the summer here.  I love going to church in different countries because it's different, but yet everything is the same.  There were more Americans than I expected there as well as lots of Chinese mixed in with the French people.  I was surprised with how much of the meetings I could understand...still got a long ways to go but I'm getting there.  I still need to learn a lot of church vocabulary that I haven't learned in school.  Our BYU group of 28 people took up a solid 1/4th of the chapel.  The lessons in Sunday School and Relief Society were great.  My favorite part of all the meetings though was singing the hymns in French.  There were a few that aren't in the English hymn book.  The messages of the songs mean so much more as I read and sing each word and recognize the meaning of the words.  I've been saying my prayers in French since I've been here and have enjoyed knowing that God still understands me and is still listening even though I am speaking a different language.  


After church we went to the Luxembourg gardens and wandered around.  There were little boys sailing boats on the big fountain/pond.  Then we sat and ate a lunch we had packed on the banks of the Seine and enjoyed the sunny weather.  


Great day to be in Paris!




3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your blog. Glad you are safe and doing well! Love your photography!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to hear you sing in French!!!

    ReplyDelete