Monday, May 28, 2012

Wrapping Up Paris

27 mai


Today was a recuperate and prepare for the next set of adventures day.  I stayed home and studied for my test, took my test, caught up on blogging and emailing, then finally organized and packed all of my belongings.


The mom and dad of our host family took us out on the town tonight to celebrate our last night.  We met them in front of Notre Dame de Paris and then they walked us around the two islands on the Seine and showed us the layers of old buildings as well as some unique boutiques and restaurants.  They took us to get the most famous ice cream in Paris that is on Ile St. Louis.  It is called Berthillon and lived up to its hype!  I got raspberry with rose and also white chocolate, it was divine!  Our host parents were so kind to take us out and Emily have really grown to love them.  They and their kids have been so helpful and encouraging this whole time and answer all of our language or cultural questions.  They are a sweet and righteous family.  



Emily and I with Monsieur et Madame Beauvillé on the bridge in front of St. Geneviève


With our other roommate Julia from University of Conneticut.  We will miss hanging out with her!


It was a warm Sunday night with the following a day as a holiday.  Thus, lots of Parisians were out strolling or hanging out on the banks of the Seine.  Here is a music group playing on the banks.  It was a such a peaceful night as the whole world seem relaxed.


Lots of people on the Seine


More pictures of our apartment--the note card says Welcome to the home of the Beauvillé


My room with all my baggage.  The ladder goes up to my bunk bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment