Sunday, May 6, 2012

Opera Garnier & Arc de Triomphe

4 mai
On Friday, I got two things checked off of my to do list.  They were to tour the inside of the Opera Garnier and to on top of the Arc de Triomphe.



We started out walking around one of the ritziest parts of Paris that I've been in.  There was the huge and famous department store Au Printemps with this lovely perfume section.  There was also the Galeries Lafayette with a beautiful stained glass ceiling.







Then we went to the Opera Garnier! I've always wanted to tour it, mostly because of Phantom of the Opera.







Ticket office.



I was not disappointed! It was so ornate and grand and gorgeous! This is the huge famous staircase. 



Moi!



This hallway reminded me of the Hall of Mirrors in Versailles



Ceilings, floors, walls...everything was astounding.









Then we went into the auditorium and I was blown away! It looks just like it would have in the late 1800s.  This is the ceiling and the chandelier.  Breathtaking!















Box 5! The Phantom's box!



I was so excited that they had a sign on the door that said the Phantom's box.  Made my day :)







Incroyable!



I fed my bread to some pigeons.



Another beautiful church.  There was a nativity scene which I haven't seen in many catholic churches.



Joan of Arc statue! Very impressive.



Next we walked through the Tuilerie Gardens.  



Where the President leaves...Sarkozy will be moving out now :(



"Smoking kills"







The stairs that led up to the Arc de Trimophe! It was a long windy road up.  



Looking down at the huge crazy roundabout.







Presh.



The Champs Elysees













The band at the changing of the guard at the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.  I really liked their drums that they used.

No comments:

Post a Comment