Sunday, May 13, 2012

Rodin, Invalides, Tour Eiffel

11 mai

I spent the day around the Eiffel Tower part of town today.  We started over on the Champs-Elysees then walked across the Seine on a gorgeous bridge called Pont Alexander.



Next we went to the Rodin museum.  It was a smaller, more intimate museum with beautiful gardens and Rodin sculptures.  I loved the atmosphere and inspiring beauty of it.


This is a pole where everyone had put their Rodin museum entrance tickets.  I added mine to the collection at the end.



Makes me want to watch Midnight in Paris again where they come here.





















Next we visited Les Invalides to see Napoleon's tomb...it was kind of crazily ornate and fancy.  It was a bit ridiculous for a guy that did so much bad along with the good he did for France.




Then we added up at the Eiffel tower and ate lunch there and watched the carousels and fountains surrounding it.  We are waiting for an incredibly clear, sunny day to make the trek up it. 





I was in a shopping mood at the end of the day and so I hit up the Champs-Elysées and all of its lovely stores.  The best purchase of the day was a trench coat from Zara.  It is a lot colder than I anticipated here and the only coat I have is a bright pink rain jacket that stands out so much amongst everybody's neutral colors that they wear here.  The trench coat makes me feel very European and Parisian. Quality purchase.

No comments:

Post a Comment